Friday 22 June 2007

what to do with a lot of leftover whipped cream...



My sister made this cheesecake. After she had applied a base coat of the whipped cream, I piped some of the cream on the cake and the roses are my first ever, as she magnanimously let me experiment. It turned out pretty good, I had been a bit scared of trying it since it looked too complicated, but it was surprisingly easy!

But because of some funny miscalculation we ended up with a lot of leftover whipped cream with a fair amount of blackcurrant syrup in it, which was the flavour of the cake.

To use up the cream I decided to tweak the recipe of Nidhi's Mocha Roll. The result was pretty good. I guess I can call it Blackcurrant Cream Roll.




Here's the Recipe of the Mocha Roll from Nidhi's blog.

My variation was that I added a teaspoon of blackcurrant syrup instead of the coffee in the cake batter, and later used the leftover whipped cream, which was simply cream, sugar and blackcurrant syrup.



3 comments:

savmom said...

No fair. me want some too!

Anonymous said...

you're chho chhweet!

Nidhi said...

Hey Ammu,

First of all, I would like to Welcome you to my blog and to the world of blogging.

Your blog is very sweet and I am very impressed with the way your cake roll turned out. Keep up the good work and keep visiting my blog for more. Even though, I not posting these days but you can still find something to try on.

So have fun and let me know if you have any questions...

Nidhi.