Monday 20 August 2007

sweet disaster...

Well I set out to make the Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie (though dunno why it says fat, its anything but), specially after reading the reviews here. And also on other blogs, the cookie looked just the way it was supposed to (Cooking for Engineers and Smitten Kitchen), you know how often things don't turn out the way the way recipes say they will! Anyway it wasn't to be that wimme. It was fat (unlike what the pictures say, though the name does suggest that) and chewy. These were my only two successes.

First the batter was too dark. Hmm.. I've decided to blame that on the too brown sugar. But that's the only one you get here!


Then it was too dry (dunno what to blame that on :() By the way, don't you think the choc drops are somewhat too much, two cups of drops for two cups flour... I ended up taking a little less than that...


And the cookies looked like this, they didn't spread the way they were supposed to during baking.


So I decided add a bit of milk (going against the recipe)...


And then the cookies looked like this... (bad picture)...


Well so it was a sweet disaster. And am lucky to have a family which doesn't mind such things as long as the outcome is tasty, which it was! I think I liked the dry batter cookies better. They were slightly crispy, along with being chewy. Though I found it a tad bit too sweet, so next time (if there is one) am going to cut down the sugars a bit!


No comments: