Tuesday 3 June 2008

a Birthday and an Anniversary...



My sister's anniversary and my brother's birthday fall on consecutive days in May, so I decided to make some cupcakes for my sis (as she has a small family) and a regular cake for my brother, from the same batter of Martha's One Bowl Choc Cupcakes recipe.



As you can see the cake was rather tall, because I used slighter smaller round tins, as I wanted to make the cupcakes as well. And thats Swiss Meringue Buttercream, I think am getting rather good at it, thanks to the Daring Bakers, I don't think I would have ever tried it again after my two flops.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, i can't believe this!,iam the first one to comment on such a nice
post.wat can be said abt that,simply awesome!.
carry on with such masterpieces, aamena.

anshul

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! And they sound so wonderfully tasty!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversay and birthday to your sister and brother! What a great treat you made for them!

Anonymous said...

Too cool a preparation for the doublly special occasion ...hmmm.. . guess baking is something that one really needs be patient with ...and your preparations have the mark of an ace ...too good ..

Anonymous said...

they must have been overjoyed with such nice cakes to celebrate it with ...

BC said...

That is gorgeous. The Daring Bakers really push us to improve our skills!

Sugar Rush said...

beautiful & yum!