Sunday 10 February 2008

Some punishment for your Valentine?



Here is a quick post, my entry for Zorra's 'A heart for your Valentine' event. These cookies, called Punitions, which apparently means 'punishment' in French leave you wondering who named 'em! For the recipe you can check out this link, from Dorie Greenspan's website. Not only does it have the recipe, it'll also help you understand your butter better. As you can see I rolled the dough out thin directly on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, made the shapes, and then baked it just like that! And later on picked out the hearts! I will definitely be posting more about them soon, just that I am in a bit of hurry right now!


8 comments:

zorra said...

Please punish me! ;-)

Thank you for your participation.

T’s Treats said...

HeHe Punishment..if those wonderful cookies are a punishment, my gosh include me in that punishment. They look great!!

Deborah said...

Beautiful cookies!

Angel said...

Hey I'd volunteer to be punished if it meant getting to eat those cookies. They look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Those are really beautiful cookies, will be trying them out this weekend. Just wondering if I want to make 15/20 cookies instead of the 50 cookies the recipe makes how can one go about doing that? Any suggestions, thanks.

Anonymous said...

thanks guys :) sweet punishment!

Belema I didnt quite get 50, but why dont you rty halving the recipe. I actually doubled it the second time i made it! you can always sandwich them with ganache! which is what i did with some, but then the chocolate dominates and you wont get the biscuit's taste much.

Anonymous said...

Aamena thanks for the advice will try it out.

Anonymous said...

That would sure rank as the sweetest punishment which would more be a privilege than anything ... looks just too good, wud sure taste heavenly ...mmm ...